Great question! You’ll have a few options to park for FREE in Downtown Sparks!
- The Victorian Square Parking Complex is a City-owned Garage beside the Galaxy Theater boasting 700 spaces and state-of-the-art signage so you know how many spots are available before entering. You can also check parking availability in real-time by visiting http://portal.cityofsparks.us/pgc.
- The Nugget Casino Resort also boasts 3,000 parking spaces in their West Lot, Parking Garage and the lot across from Nugget Event Center.
- The parking lot below the Deco Building has 200 spaces for public use.
The program is being funded through lodging tax funds that are restricted by Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) to facility improvements in the Victorian Square district. Participating artists were paid a stipend for transportation and the cost to participate. The artists will also pay a 10% commission to the City of Sparks for any artwork that is sold during its time on display. Those funds will be re-invested into the program.
Five of the sculptures and the mural were chosen from an open call to artists and were selected by a selection committee made up of City of Sparks Arts and Culture Advisory Committee (ACAC) members, a Victorian Square business owner, a Sparks resident and one visual arts professional. The selected pieces were approved by the ACAC in February of 2021.
Our Arts and Culture Advisory Committee assigns selection committees that are project-specific for the site, content and intended audience. No art experience is necessary.
- The City will send out a Call to Artists for the 2023-25 Sparks Art Walk. You can be notified by signing up to be a member of Sierra Arts or registering with Cafe to find new commissions in Sparks and around the world. You can find all City of Sparks Call to Artists listed on this page..
- You can also submit your work to Sierra Arts Galleries at Work program.
Join us in our mission to bring people and art together in Victorian Square.